The list revealing the five best managers of the 21st century has been unveiled, highlighting the crucial role managers play in the success of football teams. They are responsible for shaping the team’s playing style, tactics, and overall strategy.
Numerous outstanding managers have emerged in the 21st century. According to Sportskeeda, Pep Guardiola, the current manager of Manchester City, takes the top spot on the list, followed by Jose Mourinho, the coach of AS Roma.
Here are the top five best managers of the 21st century:
- Pep Guardiola – Known for his visionary approach, Guardiola has enjoyed an illustrious managerial career marked by a strong commitment to beautiful, possession-based football. He has achieved success at Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and now Manchester City. Since joining Man City, Guardiola has overseen an unprecedented period of dominance, securing multiple Premier League titles and domestic cups, while setting new standards for fluid attacking football. He is on the verge of winning his second continental treble as a coach if Man City defeats Inter Milan in the upcoming Champions League final.
- Jose Mourinho – Mourinho, currently coaching AS Roma, has left an indelible mark on football with his unique combination of charisma, tactical acumen, and a trophy-laden success in the 21st century. He has achieved triumphs in top European leagues, winning trophies with Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Porto, and Roma.
- Sir Alex Ferguson – The legendary manager of Manchester United epitomized footballing success throughout the 21st century. Ferguson built a football dynasty during his reign at Manchester United, winning 13 Premier League titles, seven of which were secured in the 21st century. His success solidified his status as the most decorated coach in English football history. Additionally, he led the Red Devils to victory in the UEFA Champions League in 1999 and 2008.
- Carlo Ancelotti – As the manager of Real Madrid, Carlo Ancelotti has made a lasting impact on the footballing landscape with his astute managerial skills in the 21st century. He has achieved success in Europe’s most prestigious leagues, guiding AC Milan, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich to glory. Ancelotti has won the UEFA Champions League four times.
- Zinedine Zidane – The former manager of Real Madrid has made a remarkable impact in the realm of football management. Zidane led Real Madrid to an unprecedented three consecutive UEFA Champions League titles from 2016 to 2018. In addition to this extraordinary feat, he secured several domestic trophies, including two La Liga titles and two FIFA Club World Cups. Zidane’s calm demeanor, tactical acumen, and ability to manage a star-studded squad showcased his exceptional leadership qualities.