By G9ija

An afternoon fire on Tuesday razed offices at Gusau Local Government Secretariat in Zamfara. Officials, however, said no injuries were reported.

It took the combined efforts of the local council workers and the state fire service to bring the fire under control.

However, despite the efforts, the offices of the council’s Vice Chairman, Nigeria Immigration Service, Director of Agriculture and National Orientation Agency were completely burnt.

Alhaji Nura Musa, Secretary of the local government said the disaster was caused by an electrical fault in one of the offices of the secretariat.

“We did not record any casualty and the workers did their best in reducing the magnitude of the fire even before the arrival of the fire servicemen.

“We are happy that the disaster stopped on the offices, but at the moment we cannot ascertain the cost of what was lost,” the council secretary said.

Advertisements