Snail is an exotic meal due to its expensive nature. But it’s not frequently cooked in Nigerian homes compared to beef, chicken, fish or goat meat. The price of snails ranges from N800-N1500 and in a small proportion.
Snails are one of the easiest foods to cook, however, in some cultures, it’s forbidden to eat snails.
They say due to its slimy nature, it can make one “slow”. In some others, a meal mustn’t be served without snails.
Follow the recipe below to find out how to prepare peppered snails:
1. Snails (depends on the number of people you are cooking for)
2. Atarodo pepper
4. Seasoning Cubes
* Thoroughly wash the snails in a bowl to remove the slimes
* Then, place the snail in the pot and add salt and other seasoning cubes. Leave to boil for about 30 minutes.
* Use a manual blender to grind the pepper and onions.
* Put them in a pot with already heated oil and stir-fry the mixture.
* Add your seasoning to it.
* After stir-frying, add the already boiled and tender snail. Stir for about 3-5 minutes.
Voila! Your peppered snails are ready.