By G9ija

Prince Philip will not face prosecution for the car crash near Sandringham last month that injured two people. The Crown Prosecution Service today confirmed the Duke of Edinburgh will face ‘no further action’ after he voluntarily surrendered his driving licence.

A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said: ‘The Duke of Edinburgh respects the decision taken by the Crown Prosecution Service.’ Prince Philip voluntarily gave up his driving licence after the crash Chris Long, Chief Crown Prosecutor for CPS East of England, said it had carefully reviewed all the material related to the incident.

We took into account all of the circumstances in this case, including the level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving licence.

We have decided that it would not be in the public interest to prosecute. Theresa May facing embarrassing Valentine’s Day snub ‘All those involved in the collision have been informed and provided with a full explanation in writing.

The 97-year-old keen driver decided to give up his right to get behind the wheel following the crash on 17 January. The duke was reportedly dazzled by the winter sun when he backed into the busy A road near the Queen’s Sandrinham estate in Norfolk and hit a Kia carrying a baby, mum and grandmother.

The crash ended with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Land Rover being overturned Emma Fairweather, 46, was a passenger in the Kia involved in the crash and later received a letter from the duke wishing her a ‘speedy recovery.

The crash caused his Land Rover Freelander to flip onto its side, and the duke had to pulled out of the wrecked vehicle according to witnesses. Less than two days after the crash Philip was seen driving without a seat belt. He was given ‘suitable words of advice’ according to Norfolk Police at the time.

Football fans ‘will not have to pay huge train bills when matches change for TV’ The duke was unhurt in the collision but Emma Fairweather, 46, who was in the passenger seat of the Kia suffered a broken writs.

The Kia was carrying a nine-month-old baby boy, who miraculously escaped uninjured. Mrs Fairweather was sent a letter dated 21 January from Prince Philip in which he wished her a ‘speedy recovery’ and said he ‘failed to see the car coming’, the Sunday Mirror reported at the time. He blamed the low, bright sun for obscuring his vision, adding he was ‘very contrite about the consequences’.

Image result for Prince Philip will not be prosecuted over Sandringham  car crash
Image result for Prince Philip will not be prosecuted over Sandringham  car crash






Advertisements